• Make sure that you take care of any stains on the countertop, the sink area and anywhere else that they might occur. If you leave stains for even a short while they set which means that more effort is needed to get rid of them, which in turn could mean that you ruin the surface. Different stains require different cleaning agents so look online to see what you should use for any particular stain. A good example is that if you get stains on a marble counter you should use hydrogen peroxide to get rid of them.
• Use baking powder to clean the floor tiles – it is easy; just mix ½ a cup and 2 gallons of water and then mop the floor. Not only does it keep it spotless, banking powder is also great when it comes to getting rid of bad smells anywhere in your home.
• Your cast iron pans need cleaning too and the best way to do that is using salt. Put a little oil in and then heat. After that pour in a little salt and scrub until the pan is clean. You can apply some oil on it after you dry it.
• If your kitchen has a wooden floor you can get it sparkling using white vinegar. Make sure that you use 1 part white vinegar and 9 parts warm water.
• Wall splatters are disgusting and if left there they can set. Wipe them away immediately they occur before they dry and become hard to clean.
• If any of your brass or copper fixtures are tarnished the best way to get them looking new again is using ketchup. Apply a thin coat, leave it on for a minute or two and then rinse under tap water.
These tips should go a long way in ensuring that your Design Time kitchen lasts a long time and always looks great